Wednesday, February 18, 2009

To Kill a Mockingbird

To Kill a Mockingbird does not follow the trend that many movies in the 1960's did, where they used minimal or no music during the story, i found that it used several different types of music, that which included piano music, diegetic music, background music that, and some typical theme music. To Kill a Mockingbid is typical courtroom movie, so in those types of scenes they did not have any music while in the courtroom. Music is used mainly to show danger, or to transition form scene to scene or from a certain emotion, such as happiness and transition it into anger. They had both diegetic music and underscoring throughout the entirety of the movie. I found that the kids theme music seemed to be lighter than everything else, and that was suprising given that the plot for the movie is quite strong and deep, and deals with such grave issues. I feel as if the movie was not entirely classical and it didn't completely follow the style of Bernard hermann, but rather I feel as if it is a mix of the two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment